Friday 23 October 2009

Commedian Frank Skinner reveals his concerns about the challenges facing modern Catholicism




'I really feel there is a God. I know atheism is extremely fashionable nowadays but I just can’t kick this believing thing. I must say that I have a lot of time for atheists. I respect anyone who gives this most momentous question a good deal of thought, whatever conclusion they finally arrive at.
I’m less keen on the glut of bandwagon atheists who’ve just unquestioningly joined in because they think the atheist label makes them sound clever and grown-up.'


Frank Skinner


Read more here.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I just lost a lot of respect for Mr. Skinner.

    "atheism is extremely fashionable nowadays"

    As opposed to centuries and centuries of religious belief in some form of another, where you could literally be killed for not believing. And those monarchs who pretended to be religious to their advantage, of course.

    "I’m less keen on the glut of bandwagon atheists who’ve just unquestioningly joined in because they think the atheist label makes them sound clever and grown-up"

    I'm less keen on the millions of band wagon theists who unquestionly pray to their god because they don't want to think for themselves, and believe it makes them sound deep, and spiritual.


    "I must say that I have a lot of time for atheists."

    Good, because I mean, I wouldn't want you to make any over generalisations, or anything.


    Just for the record, I'm not over generalising theists, I'm just trying to demonstrate how little thought Mr. Skinner apparently gives his rash and thoughtless statements.

    ReplyDelete